[Oberon] Niklaus Wirth 15.2.1934 - 1.1.2024

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Jan 5 07:32:12 CET 2024

To all in this list:

I just read the sad news. Professor Niklaus Wirth will remain one of my mentors, though I never met him in person. Over the years I exchanged a few messages with him. I felt greatly honored by receiving those few precious e-mails. It so happened that before I read the news, just an hour ago I ordered yet another copy of his book (with Martin Reiser) on programming in Oberon, with the idea of loaning it to an intern we are about to hire. I believe spreading his teaching is the best way to express my gratitude and respect for his legacy.

I am deeply saddened by him passing away. I wish all the best to his family and to all who were influenced by his great spirit.

Wojtek