[Oberon] "Make Project Oberon Pretty Again"

Bernhard Treutwein bernhard at wildwein.de
Wed Jan 10 16:31:00 CET 2024

Hi Liam,

there was also the fascinating project: "Reverse Literate Programming"
by Markus Knasmüller which was heavily dependent on the active elements
present in Oberon V4 and a version of TeX for Oberon. I never succeeded
in using the former since there were some dependencies on the Mac
implementation of V4 Elements.

V4 elements were something really astonishing, but these were dependent
on the binary format of Oberon documents and therefore a bit difficult
to use, if you were not grown up in the world of the Oberon System.

Some more information can be found here:
https://ssw.jku.at/Research/Projects/RevLitProg/

  and if you are interested, I might dig out a PDF version of the
referenced paper and the Coded source.

regards
--
   Bernhard