[Oberon] Lola-2 PROM module

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Jun 3 05:21:48 CEST 2024

Chris:

>The Lola-2 compiler translates a single Lola-2 module to a corresponding Verilog file. Call it (in any sequence) for each of the Lola-2 modules that you want to translate. You can then create an ISE or Vivado Project to reference the resulting individual Verilog modules. The Verilog source file PROM.v file that you also need to include, is located in the Project Oberon -> SourcesVerilog folder.

Thank you! I thought that the missing PROM was a mistake. What you are saying sounds different from the other NW work where he always stressed the consistency checks among files and types.

I like the way NW handled the registers and tri-state buffers. The VHDL and Verilog way is too verbose. Lola-2 is providing the essence.

I miss IF THEN ELSE. The ternary operator notation looks kind of awful. Lola-3, if it ever materializes, could provide IF THEN ELSE, the generate statement, and the COMPONENT keyword in addition to the MODULE, meaning the same.

I wonder if substantial projects can be handled with Lola-2.

Wojtek