[Oberon] SDRAM performance

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Nov 15 08:22:33 CET 2019

Wojtek

The answer to your question depends on the mem chip you chose. Let‘s assume we take this one:
https://www.micron.com/-/media/client/global/documents/products/data-sheet/dram/512mb_sdr.pdf

For random access you have to look at tRC in table 11. This is the minimum if you have an optimal memory access controller.
If you have to change not only the row but also the bank, tRRD is even worse.

So all in all: 70 ns seems reasonable for random access. Consecutive burst reads are MUCH faster.

br
Jörg