[Barrelfish-users] Booting Barrelfish with Grub2

Raphael Fuchs raphaelfuchs at student.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 3 22:40:38 CEST 2011

Hi Manuel

I also got the error that 'modulenounzip' is no longer valid.
Interestingly is that the feature is mentioned in the documentation of
Grub2. (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node
<http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Features.html#Features>
/Features.html#Features
<http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Features.html#Features>)

"Support automatic decompression
Can decompress files which were compressed by gzip or xz. This function
is both automatic and transparent to the user (i.e. all functions
operate upon the uncompressed contents of the specified files). This
greatly reduces a file size and loading time, a particularly great
benefit for floppies.
It is conceivable that some kernel modules should be loaded in a
compressed state, so a different module-loading command can be specified
to avoid uncompressing the modules."

But maybe it's not yet implemented or undocumented.

Regards
Raphael