[Barrelfish-users] GRUB boot loop and virtualBox freeze.

Georgios Varisteas yorgos at kth.se
Fri Jul 13 11:22:02 CEST 2012

Hi all,

A few days ago I updated to the latest revision and tried booting with Qemu; it ends up in an infinite boot loop in GRUB. When all modules are loaded, the VM restarts. On VirtualBox (using hdd, not tftpd) the VM simply freezes after GRUB loads all modules. I've tested this on several machines (all running Gentoo though), with a fresh clone of the repo, different versions of Qemu, every time the same result.

Anyone else experiencing the same situation? Any hints on a solution or workaround?

My last thought is that it's Gentoo's fault and will try with Ubuntu...

cheers,
Georgios