[Barrelfish-users] Question about Barrelfish server and client communication setup

Robert Radkiewicz rrad at kth.se
Sun Feb 17 16:57:41 CET 2013

Hi,

so we found out it ourselves now.
For the record:
The information needed to setup a new channel can be exchanged with the
messages in monitor.if and intermon.if.
In monitor.if the messages "bind_xxx_client_request" &
"bind_xxx_service_request" hold the information sent from client to
server and "bind_xxx_reply_monitor" & "bind_xxx_reply_client" hold the
information in the reply back from server to client. These messages are
the ones sent from the monitor to the local dispatcher.
The information sent from one monitor to another monitor are in
intermon.if in the messages "bind_xxx_request" & "bind_xxx_reply".
This is also documented in the Barrelfish documentation TN-011, figure 4.1.

Robert