[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish release

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Thu May 22 17:04:18 CEST 2014

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce a new Barrelfish release.  Most of the changes
are  assorted bug fixes, and there is also a new driver for Pandaboard's
DMA engine developed by Sebastian Wicki for his BSc thesis.

There is a known problem in our ARM port. The problem was reported by
Wang Nan[1], who also kindly provided patches to fix it. We included this
patch in our tree (commit e7b0ddb4a5a5), but unfortunately we had to
partially revert it (commit f1c496d780c7) because we were unable to make
it work with GEM5.  We hope to address this issue in our next release.

We would also like to note that we will be unable to support SCC in the
future. This is because the Intel research program has now ended and we
do not have access to SCC hardware. For the time being, we are planning
to keep the SCC source code in our tree, and we would gladly accept
patches for improving the port.

For the Barrelfish team,
Kornilios.

[1] For more information, please see: