[Oberon] Oberon filenames

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Wed Aug 7 14:42:41 CEST 2002

>Message: 8
>From: muller at inf.ethz.ch
>Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:34:47 +0200
>To: oberon at inf.ethz.ch
>Cc: muller at inf.ethz.ch
>Subject: Re: [Oberon] ZipTool1.Arc (Aug  5) can't handle DOS files ?
>
>cglur at onwe.co.za wrote:
>> ZipTool.ExtractAll ^  == ZipTool.ExtractAll Temp.zip
>>  DUG_IDE.C bad file name
>> 0 files extracted, 1 errors     <--- FAIL !!
>
>To extract files with names not compatible with a Native Oberon
>file system, use a command like the following:
>
>ZipTool.Extract ZipFile { ForeignFileName => OberonFileName } ~
>... where { } indicates repetition.

Pardon my "newbie" question here but what is there about "DUG_IDE.C"
that Oberon finds problematic as a filename?

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf