[Oberon] WebDAV upload bug found, OberonAosLinux

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 05:26:35 CEST 2004

--- edgar at edgarschwarz.de wrote:

> I just found a bug in the WebDAV server which would
> cause problems with uploading.
> So if you perhaps delete the file it took you 3
> tries to upload and try it
> again ?

Thanks.  I did and it seems to work fine.

> BTW, what do you think about having an Aos bootable
> from Linux ?
> There was LNO, Native for Linuxes and even an Aos
> for Windows. So it should be
> possible.
> It could give an easy way to jump between Linux (For
> browsing and reading PDF and .doc)
> and Bluebottle.

I think it's a great idea!  It's interesting but I
was thinking much along the same lines.  (LNO and
Aos for Windows as a jumping point for Linux AOS.)
I'm not really much of a Linux user myself, but
Linux is certainly in the forefront of the Open
Source movement.  I think the dynamic web server
may have much of the capability of Zope or
PHP templates.

"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/cgi-bin/moin/OberonAosLinux".
> BTW, Moin uses image/png which seems not to be
> supported yet by Oberon/Aos.
> Any plans to add that ?
>
> Cheers, Edgar

Well the Aos GUI is pretty much built on PNG and XML.
But there currently isn't an Aos specific web browser
so right now you're stuck using the System 3 base
HTML 2 browser or WebNavigator.  Of course since
the source code is available for the PNG viewer
it shouldn't be impossible to get it working under
System 3.

Regards,

John M. Drake