[Oberon] document packaging.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri May 11 01:53:31 MEST 2007

<snip>

> As I understand, most Web browsers can not open a *.tar.gz.

I'm not aware of any problem with this on Windows - I can't say for Linux,
Mac or otherwise. I would expect a Windows web browser to be able to
download a gz file OK. Whether or not that gz file can then be opened
depends on what application you have associated with such files on your
system.

e.g. I just tried it with Internet Explorer 7 and it successfully downloaded
a tar.gz file and launched WinZip to open it.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp