[Oberon] Wirth's plea against bloat is lost in the noise.

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Sat May 19 07:21:06 MEST 2007

> From: oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch
>
> Your message entitled
>
>     Chris Glur test Outlook-Expr..
>
> was successfully received by the Oberon mailing list.

Wow !! with all the confusion, this was sent to the wrong recipient.
The curse of info bloat is out of control.
If you want to force the waiter to drop the soup, just keep on sending
him back, with a complaint.  Entropy will prevail.

I recently did a goog. to find out about oberon on the power-efficient
Blackfin-CPU.  Of the several hundred hits, half were 'cross links' and
duplicates/archives of a previous query that I had made.

So now this post will generate another 100 goog-entries about
'oberon+Blackfin' !

Is goog becoming evil like M$ ?
And the curse of the proliferation of 'text representations';
what's wrong with using plain text (single bytes) for single-quote
and back-quote, instead of "a^8099", "a^8098",  "&rsquo",
"&lsquo" ...etc.

== Chris Glur.