[Oberon] Texts.Reader question

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Fri Jan 16 13:27:34 MET 2009

Hi Sascha,

>   What happens if I open a Reader on a Text, read some data, then
>   modify the Text (e.g. by deleting a piece of text containing the
>   Reader's current position), and then read on without reopening the
>   Reader? Will the Reader operate on the modified version of the Text,
>   or on the version as it was at the time of OpenReader call, or is

as far as I know, you get back the modified version, but don't take my
knowledge as granted ...

>   In what document can I
>   find this aspect described? I tried reading the "Project Oberon"
>   book, but I didn't find any mentions of this situation.

you should find it in Martin Reiser's Oberon System.

regards
--
  Bernhard Treutwein
  Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität