AW: [Oberon] Help! Boot hangs with "OBE"

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 6 18:30:01 MEST 2010

Duke,

sps> ... I would recommend you to do a complete re-install ...

Agreed.  You shouldn't need Partitions.UpdateBootLoader.
Just follow the complete installation as if starting
with an old drive which has never had Oberon or A2.
Be sure that the partition is formatted without a problem.
Normally there is a media check.  I guess it reads more
than once and checks that the data is always the same.

Also, be sure to do the last configuration step which sets
configuration parameters for the partition and leaves the
partition bootable.

Regards,          ... Peter E.

--
Carnot netboots *.SUN4C; installation of NetBSD 5 pending.
Personal site works;  http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/ .