[Oberon] Re (2): Oberon Digest, Vol 104, Issue 2

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 6 16:14:54 CET 2012

From:	Soren_Renner <soren.renner at gmail.com>
Date:	Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:27:24 +0000
> Join the 3rd millenium and use AOS though -- both of you!

OK, you've motivated me for another time investment.
Do you use the AOS graphical interface?  Do you run the
Oberon application or process in AOS?

My most recent foray was to put UnixAos on the OLPC XO-1.5.
On the little screen, text is too small to read.  Next I can install
it natively and try increasing the font size system wide.

Apart from support for USB and better networking capabilities,
what are the most significant advantages of AOS over NO in
your view?

As you suggested months back, I installed xmonad on
the Debian system and got a menu band across the top
of the screen.  Couldn't get a terminal window open.

I don't ignore your advices.  Just slow plodding
through the details.

 Regards,           ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +13606390202  Bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca  http://carnot.yi.org/