[Oberon] PS/2-USB adapters; was OberonStation and PS/2

Peter Easthope peter at easthope.ca
Tue Nov 3 18:36:54 CET 2015

On Tue, November 3, 2015 11:04 am, Paul Reed wrote:
> Sorry Jan, but that is misleading, please be careful.  My research
> indicates that these passive adapters work only with USB keyboards and mice
> which were designed to use them: not all USB devices are convertible in
> this way.  Older ones may work if you are lucky - hence YMMV.

Confirmed here.  An inexpensive adapter claimed to connect a PS/2
mouse to a USB socket.  The result was a cooked LED and spokes melted
on the encoding wheel in the mouse.  Luckily no fire.

Mice and keyboards are so inexpensive, best to avoid unknown adapters.

Regards,                  ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 639 0202 or +13606390202 or 12506293757.
Bcc: peter at easthope.ca  http://easthope.ca/Shop.html