[Oberon] FPGA-related Project Oberon Customizations

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Tue Feb 16 10:17:25 CET 2016

John,
Your comment about "what customizations are people considering" goads me
to respond.

Background: I am currently converting "Deep Learning" to Component
Pascal to understand
what all the excitement is about.

Google AI algorithm masters ancient game of Go
<http://www.nature.com/news/google-ai-algorithm-masters-ancient-game-of-go-1.19234>

Also

Andy Rubin Unleashed Android on the World. Now Watch Him Do the Same
With AI
<http://www.wired.com/2016/02/android-inventor-andy-rubin-playground-artificial-intelligence/>

Those two stories in the context of Oberon suggests to me that a world
of "minds"
similar to the internet of things
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_Things> could be implemented
on a vast number of devices.
The "collective" would be continually processing and sharing
information; collected
locally and shared globally.

My background is a mixture of physics and machine learning (speech
recognition) so
my thoughts tend to run in  those directions.

-Doug Danforth