[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Global font change on OLR

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Apr 3 20:07:51 CEST 2016

From:	Srinivas Nayak <sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com>
Date:	Sun, 3 Apr 2016 21:08:38 +0530
> But didn't dare to click on any command.

You need to lose that fear.  If you break something,
recovery is easy.  Run the system under a hypervisor
and recovery is very easy.  Also, follow the advice
to build the fresh system in a second volume.  If it
fails to boot, just boot again from the primary volume
and fix the error.  (Multiple volumes courtesy of
Pieter M.?  Boot Manager courtesy of Andreas F.  Thanks!)
That way there is no risk of reinstallation.  When you
are convinced that the fresh system is OK, copy it to
the primary volume.  Some of these notes might help.
http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Installation#toc23
I'll add the other zips you mentioned.

> ... before clicking on Release.Build?

Try it before getting Build.zip and SourceB.zip.
I expect nothing worse than an error message.
You will see what data is absent.  Add and try again.

> What is there in ... System.zip?

Retrieve it and click here ==> ZipTool.Directory \d System.zip ~

P.s. I wrote,
> If running under a hypervisor, just restart the virtual machine.

I should have said, If you crash the system on a hypervisor,
restart it.  If you break the system on a hypervisor, rebuild or
reinstall it.  If you work with two volumes (or parts) as mentioned
above, breaking the primary system is almost impossible.

Regards,             ... P. Lyall E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202