[Oberon] Reading LaTeX?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:18:31 CEST 2016

Dieter<d.gloetzel at web.de>  wrote:
> What is your interest in this?

Often a 200 line *.html article contains 5 lines of
 LaTex maths formular. Because I can't read the LaTex, my whole
 effort of fetching the article is wasted.

> I know pretty well Oberon and LaTeX,.
You mean how to operate "Windows", or the underlying theory of LaTex?

> and typesetting mathematical formulas is no rocket science.

Doesn't typesetting refer only to the size and position of chars?
Did you know that old-ETHO has a simple WYSIWYG program that you can use
to eg, make any char [best use one between 128...255] to render any bitmap
picture?  So Char(300) could display a horse ...etc.
I started making the Cyrillic char-set, some years ago.

The example that I posted:
 " (x, y) \mapsto x \times x + y \times y"
probably could be translated to be understandable with the existing
charset. I'm guessing it means:
  (x,y) => x * (x + y) * y

I'm not interested in WRITING Latex; I just want to be able to
 read/understand the articles that I fetch.

Here's some of the existing ETHO files under contributions.
But I don't find any top-level-description!

== Chris Glur.

PS. here's some of ETHOs files:-
LateX.Tool
LateX.Tool.Bak