[Oberon] Oberon-2 on FPGA

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Oct 31 07:55:02 CET 2016

Chris:

>> SRAM (the kind of RAM that both the Mac and RISC5 uses).

>From my current understanding the SRAM (Static RAM) is a special
>feature of the Oberon FPGA not found in many boards - and certainly not in Mac.

SRAM is a leftover from a particular development board used for the 2013 FPGA Oberon. SRAM is firmware friendly, but software hostile because it is small. It can host the minimal original Oberon System. Application-wise it is a disaster.

Sooner or later we will need to move on towards a larger memory. Not a big deal, but a lot of busy work.

W.