[Oberon] PO2013 - SD Image Tool

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat May 16 17:51:16 CEST 2020

Hi

I never used this serial link stuff. No Oberon-0, no PClink... Much too much hassle.
My build process is built around a module called ISO.Mod; this module writes an ISO image that can be burnt onto the SD card.
With ISO
- I can copy Oberon files from and to the disk image.
- I can look at the Oberon directory in the disk image
- I can write the Oberon boot sector
- I can look at the MBR s needed.

Basically, what System does but on the ISO disk image

br
Jörg

Am 16.05.20, 15:41 schrieb "Oberon im Auftrag von Paul Reed" <oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch im Auftrag von paulreed at paddedcell.com>:

    Hi Tomas,

    > Excellent, it was already addressed. I was always curious what people
    > around NW did back in 2013 to make original image.

    Prof. Wirth built the system by meticulously transferring everything
    across the RS232 link, using a special Inner Core imported by a simple
    command interpreter on the RISC5 called Oberon0.  See section 14.1 of
    the book:

    https://inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ProjectOberon/PO.Applications.pdf

    Since this process depended heavily on another Oberon system on a host
    computer, I made some rather hacky cross-tools to build a downloadable
    SD-card image for projectoberon.com.

    I explained some of the (mainly defensive) rationale for the format of
    the RISC.img image in a previous post:

    http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2016/008881.html

    HTH,
    Paul