[Oberon] Re (n): Names and genealogies.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Oct 22 17:06:48 CEST 2020

From:	Treutwein Bernhard <Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE>
Date:	Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:17:57 +0000
> As far as I remember, Ivan Denisov does not claim copyright on the diagram and
> apparently there is yet another version of it here:
>https://forum.oberoncore.ru/download/file.php?id=6427
> which is a bit different from the one at
> https://oberoncore.ru/_detail/projects/oberongenealogy.png?id=projects%3Agenealogy
> but that has to be confirmed by Ivan himself.

Thanks Bernhard.  There are now external links in
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/sitemap . Under
Language, Genealogy.

> @Ivan: Please add a copyright note ...

Copyright for commons.wikimedia.org is discussed here.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Licensing

>From lproven at gmail.com  Fri Oct  9 20:47:42 2020
> That [https://oberoncore.ru/projects/genealogy] is good, if
> confusing with its many overlaps. Perhaps the best yet -- I will see
> if I can simplify it.

The wikibook needs the graphviz source for a genealogy graph, named
OberonGenealogy.gv for example, and the image therefrom. Both
contributed to Commons under an acceptable license.

Liam, if you can spare the time, that would be a good contribution.

Q. Why bother contributing to commons.wikimedia.org?
A. Implausible as it might seem, all humans are mortal.  Therefore
  proprietary hosting is ephemeral, no matter how well intentioned the
  author.  Sourceforge and Wikimedia have a chance to survive beyond
  the life of an originator.

Regards,                              ... Lyall E.

--
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca