[Oberon] [EXT] Oberon V4 Windows startup oberon.exe

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 08:56:20 CET 2020

    > Andreas:
    >
    > I think it is wise to stay with one compiler. I remember that the number of LOOP
    > statements in the original Oberon System was small. The RETURN statements
    > are a bigger issue for me because I use them quite often to exit the procedures.
    > I have some bright ideas to implement, so work on B2 is unavoidable anyway.
    > I am more worried about the rest of the V4 than about my own stuff which
    > will evolve anyway.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Wojtek

If you do it in a single compiler, make sure to keep the features nicely separated,
e.g. via an option or something. Personally, I dislike LOOP, EXIT and RETURN in
the middle of a procedure, as they run counter to the idea of structured programming.

This is one of the reasons why I decided to not go back to the original Oberon-2 spec,
fully knowing that lots of legacy code will not compile anymore, i.e. one needs to refactor.

-ap