[Oberon] Oberon history.

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 01:33:56 CET 2021

Following some links on NS32000 CPU I found today an article in a magazine
about a talk by Professor Wirth in 1985, USA (see the index on first page).
It mentions that he is working on a new Modula II (sic) compiler for the
NS32000 and also an operating system (!), no mention yet of the name Oberon.

http://bitsavers.org/magazines/Micro_Cornucopia/Micro_Cornucopia_%2325_Aug85.pdf

The author mentions having a tape of the conference and transcribing some
parts, and I wonder: anyone have audio registers (or video or links) of
conferences of Prof. Wirth from the 70's, 80's? In youtube there are some
from the 90's on I guess.

Prof Pablo Cayuela
Argentina