[Oberon] [EXT] Module finalization - language construct or system call

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Jan 4 20:37:38 CET 2021

Andreas:

>Therefore, this choice automatically breaks *any* legacy code that was written before
>Oberon-07 came along - no matter whether Oberon-07 is extended or not. But I
>actually don’t break the Oberon-07 foundation, I only add to it (strict superset).

We may find the middle ground, which IMHO could be "break as little as necessary, with perhaps a little bit of undocumented temporary compromise here and there". It seems to have been NW approach all the time.

Yes, I would like to develop practical applications. I am not adversarial to LOOPs and friends. It is infinitely better than Verilog which we cannot avoid in this project. I love LOOPs after looking at Verilog.  Any Oberon construct looks lovely after looking at the Verilog.

W.