[Oberon] Portings Texts.Mod to Oberon-7, my Artemis project

Charles Perkins chuck at kuracali.com
Fri Jun 18 23:36:13 CEST 2021

Hello Oleg,

Regarding UTF8 and Unicode in Oberon, you might like to know that some work
has already been done.

Michael Shierl has provided some patches
<https://github.com/schierlm/Oberon2013Modifications/blob/master/UTF8Charset/UTF8Charset.patch>
to Oberon-O7 in support of utf8 and fonts with large numbers of glyphs in
them, which I adopted and wrote a technote about.

I suggest looking at
https://github.com/io-core/technotes/blob/main/technote003.md to see one
way of doing it... Ignore the bits about PCF but see the bits about the
changes made to Fonts, Texts, TextFrames, Edit, etc. to support
utf8-encoded glyphs in Oberon-07.

I like what Michael did and I would like to see TextFrames further extended
to glyph composition and bi-directional text flow, etc.

Best Regards,