[Oberon] The Radiar A2 Swiss industrial controller.

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:03:52 CEST 2021

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 6:59 AM <peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch, Sun Oct 10 21:03:44 CEST 2021:
> > ... company Radiar http://www.radiar.ch/page_en.html still uses Oberon.
>
> Mention of  a variety of applications in the Details PDF suggests the
> "controller" is a general purpose computer. Has anyone made ETH Oberon,
> A2 or V5 work on ite?

My understanding is that A2 *is* the operating system that is intended to
be used on the A2 controller:

"A2 swiss industry controller enables a wide variety of applications to be
implemented easily. CPU, electronics* with FPGA, A2 operating system,*
nanosecond peripherals, measurement and control in the state space with
Kalman filter, high speed routing for DDR3 memory, electrical isolation
between the logic and the industrial process, all of this and much more is
implemented."

Ref: http://www.radiar.ch/c/index.html

This is also confirmed in an earlier message 'Commercial system' from Josef
Sedlacek in this mailing list:

"Now the A2CPU processor allows to use the whole software further. Its
instruction set compiled with a new Fox-Compiler backend is a reduction
of the X86 set. *The application runs under A2 (AOS)* from a 16MB flash."

Ref: http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2014/007036.html

AFAIR you can run ETH Oberon as a subsystem on A2.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
https://www.astrobe.com