[Oberon] The Radiar A2 Swiss industrial controller.

Josef Sedlacek sedlacek at swissonline.ch
Tue Nov 2 10:55:57 CET 2021

Good morning together

These summaries are better than our formulation. We are still delivering
A2 swiss industry controllers to Asia, namely Singapore. They are used
for gravimetric feeding and blending in Taiwan and also in main China.
Just now we have implemented also a Chinese TrueType font in the
language selection. (For European languages Oberon font is used.)

Best regards

Josef Sedlacek

Am 25.10.2021 um 00:03 schrieb Chris Burrows:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 6:59 AM <peter at easthope.ca
> <mailto:peter at easthope.ca>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch <http://iaeth.ch>, Sun Oct 10 21:03:44
> CEST 2021:
>  > > ... company Radiar http://www.radiar.ch/page_en.html still uses Oberon.
>  >
>  > Mention of  a variety of applications in the Details PDF suggests the
>  > "controller" is a general purpose computer. Has anyone made ETH Oberon,
>  > A2 or V5 work on ite?
>  >
> My understanding is that A2 *is* the operating system that is intended
> to be used on the A2 controller:
>
> "A2 swiss industry controller enables a wide variety of applications to
> be implemented easily. CPU, electronics*/with FPGA, A2 operating
> system,/* nanosecond peripherals, measurement and control in the state
> space with Kalman filter, high speed routing for DDR3 memory, electrical
> isolation between the logic and the industrial process, all of this and
> much more is implemented."
>
> Ref: http://www.radiar.ch/c/index.html
>
> This is also confirmed in an earlier message 'Commercial system' from
> Josef Sedlacek in this mailing list:
>
> "Now the A2CPU processor allows to use the whole software further. Its
> instruction set compiled with a new Fox-Compiler backend is a reduction
> of the X86 set. */The application runs under A2 (AOS)/* from a 16MB flash."
>
> Ref: http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2014/007036.html
>
> AFAIR you can run ETH Oberon as a subsystem on A2.
>
> Regards,
> Chris Burrows
> https://www.astrobe.com

Company:  Radiar, Dr. J. Sedlacek, CH-7554 Sent
Tel: +41 (81) 860 06 60
www.radiar.ch