[Oberon] Computer control systems; was "Clock and calendar in A2."

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Jan 3 19:59:02 CET 2022

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Mon, 3 Jan 2022 15:18:32 +0000
> are you aware of the book by M.Kottman, X.Qiu, and W.Schaufelberger
> titled "Simulation and Computer Aided Contrpl Systems Design using
> Object-Orientation", ISBN 3 7281 2748 5 ?

Sorry to say, no.  Not a field of study or work for me also.

From:	=?UTF-8?B?SsO2cmc=?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Mon, 3 Jan 2022 16:40:24 +0100
> Most probably both of the following doctoral theses build the groundwork of the book:
>
> Markus' doctoral thesis (1997) is here:
> https://www.research-collection.ethz.ch/handle/20.500.11850/143299

Thanks Joerg.

In the Oberon Bibliography at the ETH.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/books#Kot97
Dissertation Nr. 12294.

> Xiaobing's doctoral thesis (1998) is here:
> https://www.research-collection.ethz.ch/handle/20.500.11850/143646

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/books#Qui98
Dissertation Nr. 12724.

The Dissertation Nr. is serial numbering applied chronologically?
Likely that numbering existed since theses were hardbound paper.

I don't recognize a meaning for 20.500.11850/143299 and
20.500.11850/143646.  Database indexing?

Thanks,                                 ... P.L.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140