[Oberon] [EXT] ALU 2015 and 2018

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri May 13 15:05:28 CEST 2022

Wojtek

> „1“ is described here. Chapter 4
> https://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/ProjectOberon/RISC5.Update.pdf

Sure I know. I have it opened on my desktop. Could you please cite this text and argue that the student can be left alone with what was written there, without any further instruction?

Are you saying that I should pay an intern or an engineer for his time spent on discovering what '1" means in this particular place and why it is "1" rather than some other number?

Are you arguing that I would be a good manager if I handed this code "as is" and its PDF documentation to a new hire and pay government money for this person discovering on his/her own what to do if I asked for modifications to the interrupt mechanism of RISC5, which is a legitimate request, I believe?

Wojtek