[Oberon] Re (2): RFC 5322 and ETH Oberon SMTP.

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Fri Jul 15 17:23:52 CEST 2022

Hi Peter,

Further to Joerg's comments, are you sure the From header is *exactly*
RFC5322 compliant in all cases?

I notice that people have had problems where servers have previously
been tolerant before, of e.g. spaces inside the angle brackets or
comments on the RHS, and are now tightening up their parsing.

I'm assuming this is low-hanging fruit to weed out some of the more
casual spammers.

Also check line endings, and maximum line length (although you say it's
happened with short emails, so this seems unlikely).

Can you capture the *exact* data that was sent out by your system, and
then give one as an example of the formatting, blanks included, with
names (emails) changed to protect the innocent?

Can you highlight the specific SMTP sending code you're running?

Cheers,
Paul