[Oberon] Re(2): RFC 5322 and ETH Oberon SMTP.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat Jul 16 18:00:16 CEST 2022

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Fri, 15 Jul 2022 19:22:23 +0200
> SMTP is RFC 5321. RFC 5322 is about the message format, which does not
> depend on whether it is sent via SMTP, POP3, IMAP, etc.

Missed that.  Thanks.

> I hope that Oberon's Mail implementation provides a feature to view
> the headers and raw body of a sent email (Thunderbird does :D).

Not in release 2.3.7 but output to a file can be added.

For a received message the document has a source button.  Send a test
message to myself and "source" shows the header and body.

> I will assume first that the emails do not have attachments, i.e. they
> consist of one single text/plain or text/html body part.

Consistent with the cases I noticed.

To investigate the details you listed I need to add output recording.

Thanks,                       ... P.L.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140