[Oberon] Re(2): RFC 5322 and ETH Oberon SMTP.

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Mon Jul 18 12:02:05 CEST 2022

Hi Peter,

> To investigate the details you listed I need to add output recording.

Looks like https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/A2/Oberon.Mail.Mod has a
trace BOOLEAN which if set will output to the system log. It's set by

     trace := NetTools.QueryBool("TraceMail");

in Mail.Send. But the tracing code is separate from the network write
statements, so it's not strictly a validation of the data sent (e.g.,
line-endings). Wireshark might be better/easier.

I can't see any validation of email addresses at all - maybe a
validation routine would be worth putting in and called for each email
address processed? You could put separate logging/debugging in that.
Sometimes text copied from various sources has hidden blank characters -
or might be UTF-8, for example...

HTH
Paul