[Oberon] Re (2): ETH Oberon: file names.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Dec 14 17:55:13 CET 2022

Hans,

Thanks for the feedback.  Revisions here.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/Naming
Better?

From:	Hans Klaver <hklaver at dds.nl>
Date:	Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:56:18 +0100
> I personally find:
>    In "The Oberon System" Martin Reiser stated, ...
> more readable than:
>    In _The_Oberon_System_ Martin Reiser stated, ...

Acknowledged.  My old habit is from high school roughly sixty years
ago.  =8~/
https://www.grammarbook.com/blog/quotation-marks/titles-of-books-plays-articles-etc-underline-italicize-use-quotation-marks/

> On the other hand, for interfacing with other operating systems
> exceptions can be made, even by ETH folks.

This prompted the query.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nativeoberon/files/nativeoberon/Native%20Oberon%202.3.7%20Alpha/

The name with the underscore,
NativeOberon_2.3.7.tar.gz
violates stated Oberon syntax unnecessarily.  Removing the underscore
before gunzipping in Oberon is a distraction for a novice.  =8~/.

Are these better?
NativeOberon.2.3.7.tar.gz
NativeOberon2.3.7.tar.gz
To me, the last suffices.

Changing the name of the existing archive is objectionable?  Add a
duplicate with the Oberon conformant name?

Thx,                            ... P.L.

mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:PeterEasthope