[Oberon] [Ubuntu 22.04, CPC, BBCB] back down to 20.04

Aubrey McIntosh aubrey.mcintosh at utexas.edu
Tue Feb 21 02:06:07 CET 2023

Thank you.
I did a git fetch origin (git at github.com:bbcb/bbcp) and branch blackbox20
shows the latest commit of
commit c7b38ea469881b03ba5e23c311fbc3b6d2b717b2 (HEAD -> blackbox20)
Author: Ivan Denisov <d.ivan.krsk at gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Aug 7 13:00:06 2021 +0700

Also, I downloaded from the link above.  I installed the .deb (#dpkg -8
xxx.deb) and directly executed bbcb2 from /usr/bin/bbcb2
A 5 min test drive performed fine on 20.04 (focal).  I have not rebooted
the 22.04 (jammy) environment.

I will explore.  Again, thanks.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 3:19 PM Ivan Denisov <d.ivan.krsk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please try new 2.0, we did some BlackBox native files browser to avoid
> this crash.
>
> You can try branch 'blackbox20' or just install the package 'bbcb2' from
> special repository or download tar archive here to try
>
> https://blackbox.oberon.org/download
>
> BlackBox 2.0 is still alpha version, because some interfaces can slightly
> be changed, however there are very many fixes were done last years. Also
> several days ago we integrated refactored Brahe (as Fig) to have 'native'
> BlackBox vector figures 'from the box'. Also there are good prototypes for
> selectors, combo etc, I have to integrate this soon in 2.0.
>

> Kind regards,
> Ivan
>

> вт, 21 февр. 2023 г., 00:07 Aubrey McIntosh <aubrey.mcintosh at utexas.edu>:
>
>> Yes, I work in the master branch of the Denisov effort, commit c7b38ea4,
>> from GitHub.  It crashed when attempting File --> Save under 22.04.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2023, 11:58 AM Pablo Cayuela <pablo.cayuela at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> That's good news!
>>> I wonder if you have tried Blackbox for Linux also from Denisov et al.
>>>
>>> Prof Pablo Cayuela

Aubrey McIntosh, PhD