[Oberon] Re (2): A2 multi-desktop switching vs. Oberon subsystem.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Aug 7 17:09:47 CEST 2023

Michael & all,

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Mon, 31 Jul 2023 22:19:02 +0200
> In latest gitlab version, you can either disable global hotkeys
> completely by pressing the F12 key, ...

F12 left no * marker from Oberon F1 and Hotkeys.Show reported 0 hotkeys.

> ... or you can edit Hotkeys.xml ...

Specifying the Oberon function key behaviour in Hotkeys.xml might be
appropriate.  I haven't found how it is done.

In Configuration.XML, commenting out "Hotkey support" gave Oberon
functionality.
<!-- Setting name="Hotkey support" value="HotKeys.Open"/-->

Appears that Oberon function key behaviour is the initial default and
Hotkeys with empty Hotkeys.xml obliterates that.  So my simple
solution is to disable Hotkeys and a more elaborate solution is to
define Oberon hotkeys.

Thanks for the help,                ... P.L.
-
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
VoIP:   +1 604 670 0140