[Oberon] Is this the smallest Oberon (program) platform to date?

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:04:14 CET 2024

Twelve years ago I asked the question "Is this the smallest Oberon
(program) platform to date?"

https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2012/006407.html

This has since been well and truly beaten! We have now used Astrobe for
Cortex-M0 to target a WaveShare RP2040 Zero board which includes features
such as:

* Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
* 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of on-board Flash memory
etc. etc.

The board measures just 1.8cm x 2.35 cm and is priced at $US 4. For more
details see:

https://www.waveshare.com/product/raspberry-pi/boards-kits/rp2040-zero.htm?sku=20187

The source code that we used to do this was developed by one of our
Astrobe users. He has published an impressive set of libraries, tools and
examples for the Raspberry Pi Zero and announced their availability here:

https://www.astrobe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=776

You can request a free copy of the latest Personal Edition of Astrobe for
Cortex-M0 to compile this code from here:

https://www.astrobe.com/personal.htm

Chris Burrows
CFB Software
https://www.astrobe.com